Tuesday, January 25, 2011
by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger
Editor of NaturalNews.com
It’s one of the most common false arguments of GMO pushers: There’s nothing to be worried about with genetically modified foods, they argue, because almost everything is genetically modified, they claim. What they’re referring to is the geneticselectionused in the long, slow development of many crops such as wheat, which originally began as a grass but was shaped generation after generation through the selection of larger seeds, ultimately leading to modern-day wheat.
This stands in stark contrast togenetic engineering, which is the artificial inserting of genetic code (often from animal species, by the way) into the DNA of a plant. This is a completely artificial, interventionist “engineering” of the DNA of a plant that wildly differs from mere genetic “selection.”
GMO poison pushers attempt to confuse people with these terms by claiming that “lots of foods are genetically modified,” thereby blurring the distinction between geneticselectionversus geneticengineering. I’ve even heard top-level scientists attempt to use this false argument, hoping that no one will notice.
The simple truth is that geneticselectionworks in harmony with natural processes of gene variation within a species. If you grow corn, and you save the seeds from your best-tasting corn to plant the next generation of corn, you are engaged in geneticselection. This is natural.
But the GMO industry doesn’t even want you to be able to save your seeds from one generation to the next. They use “terminator” technology in the seeds to ensure that the second generation of seeds is non-viable. That alone is a crime against humanity because it forces aseed monopolyupon farmers and consumers in developing nations and first-world nations. This is why any individual or organization that is in favor of seed-termination technology in GMOs is supportinga crime against nature.
As usual, the powerful corporations pushing GMOs are attempting to blatantly confuse consumers (and journalists) over the difference between geneticselectionversus geneticengineering.None of the biotech GMOs are created through selection processes along.They all are based on artificial geneticengineering.
10 facts you need to know about GMOs:
• GMOs are created through artificial geneticengineeringof plant DNA, usually through inserting animal genes into plants.
• Genetic “selection,” in contrast, is a natural process whereby people plant seeds, generation after generation, from their crops that demonstrate desirable characteristics. This is how wheat, corn and other crops were developed over centuries of seed selection.
• The GMO industry uses seed terminator technology to forbid seed saving and planting, thereby forcing farmers to buy seeds year after year (creating a seed monopoly and a single point of control for food).
• People who promote GMOs are engaged in crimes against humanity and crimes against nature. They promote dangerous technologies that threaten the future of life on earth by causing genetic pollution and a sharp loss ofseed diversity.
• GMOs have been linked to at least200,000 suicidesin India over the past decade due to failed crops (http://www.naturalnews.com/030913_M…).
• The GMO industry has financially taken over much of the mainstream media, politicians and science journals (http://www.naturalnews.com/031093_u…). They will not stop until they achieve complete control over the world food supply, enslaving humanity in a food monopoly.
• GMOs cause “genetic pollution” that damage other crops and ultimately threaten the reproductive viability of crops in the long term. The future of food is jeopardized by GMOs.
• The GMO industry is now attempting to brand all opponents of GMOs as “unscientific” by claiming that GMO = science, and therefore anyone who opposes GMOs is automatically an opponent of science (http://www.naturalnews.com/031093_u…).
• The GMO push into Europe is a confirmed conspiracy involving U.S. officials and GMO corporations, as revealed in a Wikileaks cable that the mainstream media has still refused to report (http://www.naturalnews.com/030828_G…).
• The next great food famine (and mass starvation) will undoubtedly be caused by GMOs. And yet the industry claims that GMOs willsavethe planet from starvation! Only in a crooked, corrupt world could an industry claim to besavingthe world while actuallyenslavingthe world.
Watch NaturalNews editor Mike Adams rap about GMOs in the hit song, “Just Say No to GMOs”
Visitwww.NaturalNews.com/NoGMOto learn more.
Stay informed about GMOs
Share this story to spread the word about GMOs. Many people have been fooled by Biotech propaganda and they remain unaware of the true health and environmental hazards of genetically engineered foods.
Monsanto launches deceptive ad campaign in desperate attempt to improve image
Tuesday, January 25, 2011 by: Ethan A. Huff
Monsanto has become the new Marlboro, with a new advertising campaign designed to improved its hopelessly-tarnished image. Except instead of handsome cowboys smoking cigarettes, Monsanto is plastering images of hardy American farmers and their crop fields on billboards and bus stops throughout the nation. The new ad campaign, of course, is a desperate attempt to convince the public that the company is not only working in the best interests of U.S. agriculture, but is also responsible for creating and maintaining millions of American farm jobs in the process, both of which are patently false.
Monsanto has always glowingly endorsed and self-promoted itself as the agricultural savior of the world, despite the fact that its biotechnological developments have led to far more agricultural problems than ever before. Pesticide and herbicide resistance, widespread environmental contamination, perpetual dependence on non-renewableseeds, the emergence of “superweeds”, and even crop failures are included on the laundry list of genetically-modified (GM) destruction foisted on the public byMonsanto.
But the company is working overtime to cover up reality with a steady stream of deceptive marketing propaganda. Monsanto’s website states:
“9 billion people to feed. A changing climate. NOW WHAT? Producing more. Conserving more. Improving farmers’ lives. That’s sustainableagriculture. And that’s what Monsanto is all about.”
It is truly amazing that a company propagating genetically-engineered, self-destructing seeds that require heavypesticideand herbicide applications in order to grow as intended, would claim that its agricultural system is sustainable. In reality, Monsanto’stechnologyis arguably the most unsustainable form of agriculture.
Monsanto also claims that its technologies produce morefood, conserve resources and improve lives. But in practice, itsbiotechnologysystems deplete soil health, pollute the environment, and forcefarmersto be dependent on biotechnology companies for seeds and chemicals, all of which are hardly a recipe for sustainability and self-dependancy.
To learn more about the evils of Monsanto, visit:
Sources for this story include: